James Martin shares cancer update with fans as he confirms he is taking career break: ‘I will be back fighting’
Spread the love


James Martin has shared an update on his cancer battle with fans, saying he is ‘going on a little break’ from work in the coming weeks.

The TV chef, 51, took his tour show to Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall on Monday and gave a heartfelt message to fans about his health while on stage.

According to The Mirror, he said: ‘On a personal note, I just wanted to say thank you for 30 years of television.

‘For me personally, I’ve been through a lot of s**t with cancer but I’m getting sorted at the end of next month.

‘I will be back fighting at the end of February but I’m going on a little bit of a break to get that sorted.’

Health: James Martin has shared an update on his cancer battle with fans, saying he is 'going on a little break' from work in the coming weeks

Health: James Martin has shared an update on his cancer battle with fans, saying he is ‘going on a little break’ from work in the coming weeks

Show: The TV chef, 51, took his tour show to Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall on Monday and gave a heartfelt message to fans about his health while on stage

Show: The TV chef, 51, took his tour show to Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall on Monday and gave a heartfelt message to fans about his health while on stage

The This Morning regular added: ‘I just wanted to say thank you for all your support and all your messages.’

James landed in hot water earlier this year when his foul-mouthed rant at his TV crew was laid bare by an extraordinary leaked tape recorded shortly after his shock cancer diagnosis.

The TV presenter, who is at the centre of a bullying storm following allegations he intimidated staff on his food show James Martin’s Spanish Adventure, revealed that he had an operation to remove the facial cancer after his diagnosis in 2018.

The shock admission came after an extraordinary tape was leaked to The Sun where James berated his TV crew in a foul-mouthed rant over a blocked drain.

James told the newspaper that the outburst was the culmination of a string of unfortunate events in his life, which began with the death of his grandfather, then was followed by a home invasion by masked burglars, and finally his cancer diagnosis.

He said: ‘I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn’t do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming. Since then it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments.’

The abusive rant which happened during the production of his show, James Martin’s Saturday Morning, took place on a heated Zoom call in 2018 – the same year he had surgery for his cancer.

James said he ‘wholly regrets’ getting angry, and agreed ‘lessons have been learned.’

He said: 'On a personal note, I just wanted to say thank you for 30 years of television'

He said: ‘On a personal note, I just wanted to say thank you for 30 years of television’

He added: 'For me personally, I've been through a lot of s**t with cancer but I'm getting sorted at the end of next month'

He added: ‘For me personally, I’ve been through a lot of s**t with cancer but I’m getting sorted at the end of next month’

Afterwards, The Daily Mail exclusively revealed he could face being axed by ITV after senior bosses were left furious at his behaviour.

Addressing the claims at his sold-out live event in Birmingham in October, he got visibly emotional as he spoke to the crowd, according to Birmingham Live

The publication reported James said: ‘I want to thank everyone for their support. It’s been a difficult time and I’ve not been well.’

He continued: ‘But I wanted to let you know about the future of my Saturday show as ITV have just made a decision yesterday. So, ITV has decided to renew the Saturday show for another year. We’ve just found out.’ 

Leaked audio released showed James launching a ten-minute tirade at staff during a Zoom call in 2018.

The chef could be heard swearing 42-times after a drain at his home was blocked during filming for his show James Martin’s Saturday Morning.

At one point James can be heard telling his team they should be ‘f***ing fried’, while in another outburst he suggests they should take their lunch break standing in the ‘f***ing rain’ as punishment.

The incident has come to light after a swathe of complaints were made about the chef’s conduct while filming James Martin’s Spanish Adventure this year, sparking an internal investigation into his behaviour.

Responding to ITV’s probe, James said he ‘wholly regrets’ getting angry, and agreed ‘lessons have been learned.’



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *